Notifications
Clear all

Isotrexin gel ruined my skin?

MemberMember
(@opulentwaters)

Posted : 06/15/2016 3:07 pm

Okay so 4 years ago I was prescribed isotrexin gel and I used it for about 2/3 months. However i went from having small pimples to having cystic acne all of my forehead because of it. Although my skin has calmed down since (fewer cystic pimples), i still break out every week and the scars/hyperpigmentation marks stay for a very long time before they fade. The isotrexin gel has basically ruined my skin. My entire forehead is a different texture. It is constantly dry and no moisturizer helps. I only get acne in that particular area and that was the only placed which was "treated" by the gel. Is there anyway I can undo the negative effects of this gel?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/17/2016 1:47 pm

I used Isotrex, so without the erythromycin in it. And it had ravaged my skin too unfortunately. It has brought me out in rash like acne all over my jaw and cheeks. I don't know what I'm going to do tbh. What are using currently now?

MemberMember
(@opulentwaters)

Posted : 06/21/2016 8:57 am

I'm trying the oil cleansing method with olive oil and rosehip oil. so far I have noticed a reduction in my hyperpigmentation marks but not much new for my active acne (forehead and a little on my right cheek).
ive noticed that whenever i use soap on my skin, my skin worsens and becomes even more dry ( its extremely dry from the isotexin gel)
When i use shampoo i break out all across my hairline. Im trying to look for a gentle shampoo, any recommendations?

How is accutane going? any side effects?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/21/2016 9:39 pm

That sounds awful why do they prescribe this stuff?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/24/2016 11:40 am

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 2:57 PM, OpulentWaters said:

I'm trying the oil cleansing method with olive oil and rosehip oil. so far I have noticed a reduction in my hyperpigmentation marks but not much new for my active acne (forehead and a little on my right cheek).
ive noticed that whenever i use soap on my skin, my skin worsens and becomes even more dry ( its extremely dry from the isotexin gel)
When i use shampoo i break out all across my hairline. Im trying to look for a gentle shampoo, any recommendations?

How is accutane going? any side effects?

Hmm shampoo wise maybe try Head and Shoulders? Or Dove? I didn't have a good reaction to the oil cleansing method when I done it but I don't think I used the right oils. I haven't started accutane yet actually but I am hoping to.