Notifications
Clear all

Should I start Accutane in 10 days or wait a month?

MemberMember
(@allaboardthetanetrain)

Posted : 06/03/2016 7:05 am

So I'm supposed to start Accutane in 10 days but I have an after-exams school party in about6weeks (15/7/16)where there will be lots of photos...

So now I'm stuck between whether to start Accutane ASAP as I heard some people don't have an initial breakout and do in fact get better skin from the start which would be good if lots of photos BUT on the other hand I don't particularly want really extra bad IB skin for photos which I've heard also can happen... So what should I do? Opinions. I'm meant to be starting on a low dosage apparently to avoid a IB.

Will a month be long enough to have my IB and start improving?

Please add details about whether you had a IB or not too please.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 06/03/2016 11:42 am

I think you're excited to get this thing on the road.  My initial breakout was minimal.  My acne was slightly worse than it always was, but then it cleared up significantly.  Wouldn't you rather take the chance on being broken out at the party, and be so close to clarity?  In my mind, that would be better than being my usual pimply self for the party and then only beginning the Accutane process afterwards.  Just my thoughts. :)  I finished Accutane six months ago and am still clear.  Good luck. :)