Notifications
Clear all

Enlarged pores after accutane

MemberMember
(@robbs88)

Posted : 06/02/2016 7:07 am

Hello!

I've noticed that my pores have gotten bigger after i finshed my accutane treatment. During the treatment , and before they were barley visible.. My face have been very irritated latley and at the end of treatment. Im now 7 weeks post accutane. Maybe the irritation have caused the big pores?

I have a theory that my body thinks it producing sebum oil because because my face si dry and irritated, but it acctully not without knowing it. Thats why the big pores?

anyway....can anyone relate to this and did it get better when the skin "normalized"

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 06/03/2016 12:05 pm

I'm pretty sure pores don't open and close in anticipation of sebum. Sebum builds up and actually forces them open. Also pores can change size with different temperatures but only slightly. Chances are your enlarge pores are just the aftermath of years of acne and clogged pores.

Don't focus on your skin too much. Keep moisturizing and leave it alone. No one notices large pores but you, I promise! You're acne free, but that doesn't guarantee porceline skin. Haha!

I am 6 months post-Accutane and have not noticed any changes in pores. Actually, my skin is still clear, and my main focus isnotfocusing on my skin. I think my skin has actually gotten even clearer in the past few months. I think just resetting my habits and my recurrent thought processes helped a lot. I also use the acne.org BP and AHA when I do feel like a pimple may come, but it never fully forms and the AHA helps my complexion a lot. Maybe they might help you?