Notifications
Clear all

Second month of accutane help

MemberMember
(@kenshi3)

Posted : 05/23/2016 6:20 pm

I'm 25 year old asian male. Been suffering from mild acne from 9 years now. I went on accutane for a month last year and went off of it because it was causing nosebleeds and I got scared. Then the acne returned and I was getting frustrated and no topicals worked. So, now I'm on my 2nd month. I stopped for a week because I got sick during a trip to Florida ( Disneyworld) , the weather was so hot, I had to stop for a week to decrease the dryness I was getting. Now I'm back in Vancouver and took my 2nd pill of 2nd month. My acne has been getting worse since I started on the medication. i never got acne on my jaw line before in my life and I have several and they itch too. Is this normal? I have lots of scars and lots of mini white pimples that can't be popped mostly on my jaw line as well. I have bigger ones on my left cheek and one big one grew along my nose. Is this all part of the intiial break out? When will it end?

MemberMember
(@dexm)

Posted : 05/28/2016 3:15 pm

My dermatologist warned me that my acne might get worse in the first couple of months, but assured me that this was normal. I definitely noticed my acne got worse in my first month and beginning of the second. But I start month 3 next week, and I have already noticed a significant decrease in breakouts.

It will get better, hang in there!!