Notifications
Clear all

Accutane | Use moisturizer or not?

MemberMember
(@jadsey)

Posted : 05/17/2016 11:00 am

Hey guys. I have been on Accutane for about 3 weeks now, and I was wondering do I have to use moisturizer for my skin when I am at home? Like does that slow down or speed the process? Cause when I am not using any moisturizer my skin is very dry, isn't that what the whole purpose of the drug is to dry out? So my question is, when I am at home, should I leave my face alone with nothing on it?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/17/2016 11:43 am

40 minutes ago, Jadsey said:

Hey guys. I have been on Accutane for about 3 weeks now, and I was wondering do I have to use moisturizer for my skin when I am at home? Like does that slow down or speed the process? Cause when I am not using any moisturizer my skin is very dry, isn't that what the whole purpose of the drug is to dry out? So my question is, when I am at home, should I leave my face alone with nothing on it?

You should moisturize a lot, it does not speed down the process at all. Moisture balances the skin and a skin condition like acne is like your skin being out of balance, if you know what i mean. So moisture = creating balance and helping the skin repairing itself :) 

You just need a good moisturizer that will not clogg the pores, so use CeraVe or something like that.