Notifications
Clear all

30y/o male 1 week into Accutane

MemberMember
(@svp34)

Posted : 05/07/2016 9:40 pm

Hey all, if anyone is out there:)

I started accutane Monday May 2, 2016, I™ve battled with acne for many years , lets say 15 years of my life? That™s half of my life. WOW.

I don™t think i have severe acne , maybe mild to moderate. I get break outs like most people but i find i get them frequently but not in large amounts, like i get a breakout on Monday then ill remedy that and ill get a new one next week. I don™t remember a time when i have gone a day without thinking , œI wonder if i had a breakout last night while sleeping.

When i think about it effected my life in so many ways.

Friends tell me that they don™t even notice if i have breakout or acne, but that™s easy to say when I notice the slightest imperfection.

I battled with anxiety disorder for many years, i have it under control now but i know that acne is the leading factor. I™ve missed social gatherings, important events, basically you name it I™ve missed it cause of acne. I™ll make up an excuse of some sorts cause of the embarrassment of a breakout. I think that id rather get told by people i™m unreliable for bailing on something than face the anxiety of going out with a breakout, its selfish but its what I™ve known.

I thought long and hard about proceeding with accutane for many years and i have finally gave in. After discussing my reasons with my fiance ( who i love and is fully supporting in anything i do) i decided this was for the best.

1. take accutane for 6 months, no alcohol, side effects, etc. to get breakouts under control
  2. battle with acne/anxiety for the rest of my life and deal with it

Number 1 won.

The reason i started this is to hopefully help others who were on the brink of taking accutane and they can benefit from by experience.

I have read many blogs, many posts, and many articles and it factored into my decision. It helped. So if i can help that one person then i guess i accomplished something!:)

Anyways, enough rambling.

Week 1

Few little break outs but i expected that in the first couple of weeks as my body is changing and reacting to the pills.

Below is my before pic i took, the beard was a safety net , as i was terrified of having œan initial breakout so hopefully i can shave it soon cause it not me AT ALL.

IMG_0727.JPGIMG_0728.JPGIMG_0729.JPG
So far so good, but my nerves just waiting. I know its only a week but it feels like a month. I had a tiny breakout on my forehead that usually would take forever to heal(i pick). But once they broke surface it dried out in like 2 days , now it just a red spot which from experience will fade in time.
Day 6 my nose was peeling , it was strange but my blackheads were almost disappearing due to it. My palms are very dry too, along with my lips but its not major yet.

ill post pics as i complete this journey to see how my skin changes too.

Take Care

Scott

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0707 (1).JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 06/02/2016 1:23 am

Hey, can you update us on how things are going? Also, what mg are you on? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 06/06/2016 12:30 pm

On 5/7/2016 at 10:40 PM, svp34 said:

Hey all, if anyone is out there:)

I started accutane Monday May 2, 2016, I™ve battled with acne for many years , lets say 15 years of my life? That™s half of my life. WOW.

Hey, can you give us an update? 

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 06/12/2016 11:22 pm

Update? I'd in a similar situation and would love to hear how you're doing! Thanks!!