Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose Accutane Worked For Me. You should try it!

MemberMember
(@mboona)

Posted : 04/27/2016 11:51 am

Some background on me: Oily skin runs in my family. Everyone on my mother's side of the family has acne or blocked pores on their nose or both. I've been battling with cystic acne since I was in middle school and even three years after I graduated from college it still didn't go away. I dried Dan's system, I tried proactive, I tried differin, antibotics, clyndamycin, I tried every acne wash out there, salicylic acid, azelic acid, glycolic acid, everything. I tried everything! I was fed up of worrying about the constant weekly lump that could turn huge for weeks and ooze massive puss out. I would pray that it would come to a head and wasted so much time in the bathroom. I canceled out on many opportunities, I skipped class, work, and life because of large embarrassing lumps on my chin. People thought I was dirty and had a disease. My dermatologist wouldn't give me accutane because he said my condition wasn't severe enough. I had pimples the size of quarters. I even tried to conceal pigmentation and pimples with make up and I'm a guy.

Flash forward a year ago while traveling in Asia I broke out and it ruined another moment in my life. So I was just fed up and decided that I would try accutane on my own and in Asia it is sold over the counter at 10mg or 20 mg a pill. I took 10 mg each day for 6 months. There was barely any initial breakout. I had one or two and it went away. I started noticing major differences in my oil after the 3rd month and remained acne free since then. My oil production has gone down. It's not perfect, but the important thing is no more cystic acne, no more blocked nose heads that would ooze out whenever I washed my face, , no more bacne, no more embarrassment, I got my life back.
There were hardly any side effects. Dry lips, dry eyes, dry skin, soreness were all minimal, noticeable, but not severe.
I go for a liver and uric acid blood test every 3 months. Each time all of my readings were fine.

Now as I am approaching a year on it, Iafter six months I started taking 10 mg every other day before going to bed. sometimes I would forget and skip 2 days and still no acne. The less I take, the more oily I get, but nothing like before. Before it took 10 blue blotching papers to dry me up and I would get oily again after 30 minutes. It was disgusting. Now, it's about 75% gone and I can go all day without blotting.

Take my advice, try it. I must have wasted thousands and thousands of dollars, got so many scars, and so many missed times in my life. I wish I had started it soner. It's amazing to hear my friends and family compliment my skin for once. I just wash my face with water and cerave hydrating cleanesr and apply their lotion and go. No more step systems that dont work. no more make up.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/27/2016 1:19 pm

Congrats to you. I would recommend though that anyone willing to do accutane should go through a licensed medical professional. It's a serious drug even though many try to downplay its possible effects. Most people that go on it are fine but who knows if years down the line something will pop (we thought cigarettes were harmless too!). I did it and it worked wonders for me......for a while. So i did it again and again. 13 years after my first course and i am still dealing with acne.