Notifications
Clear all

Diane-35 and Spironolactone together

MemberMember
(@firstfloorpeople)

Posted : 04/20/2016 11:31 am

Hey there I was on Spironolactone 50mg a day. My derm bumped me up to 100mg a day and put me on Diane-35 (birth control). I start the Diane-35 in a few days. I'm wondering if anyone has taken this med combo before and what it did for them.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 04/22/2016 8:45 am

On 4/20/2016 at 0:31 PM, Firstfloorpeople said:

Hey there I was on Spironolactone 50mg a day. My derm bumped me up to 100mg a day and put me on Diane-35 (birth control). I start the Diane-35 in a few days. I'm wondering if anyone has taken this med combo before and what it did for them.

Hi there! Welcome to the Spiro crew. I took Spiro 75mg along with Yasmin which is similar to Diane-35. The combo together made my skin radiant, smooth and clear. I had to stop BCP and am on Spiro 125mg. The combo helped slow oil production down and stop inflammed breakouts. How has your skin been handling the 50mg and now the 100mg bump? It did take a good solid 3+ months to see consistent results.

MemberMember
(@firstfloorpeople)

Posted : 05/22/2016 6:35 pm

On 22 April, 2016 at 7:45 AM, CarpeMomentum said:
On 20 April, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Firstfloorpeople said:

Hi there!  Welcome to the Spiro crew.  I took Spiro 75mg along with Yasmin which is similar to Diane-35.  The combo together made my skin radiant, smooth and clear.  I had to stop BCP and am on Spiro 125mg.  The combo helped slow oil production down and stop inflammed breakouts.  How has your skin been handling the 50mg and now the 100mg bump?  It did take a good solid 3+ months to see consistent results.

Thanks for replying! Sorry I'm new here - didn't turn on the notifications for replies :)

Once I added the birth control with the spiro increase the results are coming WAY faster. My skin is close to clear, I have small breakouts that are easy to cover but I am quite optimistic. I have only been on spiro for 2 months, one month of 50mg a day w/o diane-35 and one with 100mg a day with diane-35. 

Did your skin break out when you went off of yasmin? I don't want to be on birth control for a long time if I don't have to be