Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo Gel

MemberMember
(@epiduoacne)

Posted : 03/25/2016 10:47 am

Hey,

I have been using Epiduo gel for 2 weeks now and I have to say nothing has happened but just dry and my skin and make it red so any ideas

- I will update this of you would like me to write a log of the progress

MemberMember
(@alwag)

Posted : 03/29/2016 1:36 pm

Hello
try using it along with a face wash called acnecide which I believe is available over the counter.

I used to use epiduo before starting roaccutane as a temporary fix, I used it every other evening and on the alternate day I used a rich moisturiser for dry skin such as diprobase, i have very dry skin naturally anyway so the epiduo made this worse.

I would also ask you doc about something like roaccutane as an alternative, I have suffered since my early teens with acne and I'm now nearly 27 and have tried a vast selection of drugs to clear it, unfortunately my acne is due to a hormone imbalance so topical creams such as epiduo only worked for me whilst I was using them but wasn't sustainable as a long term fix

MemberMember
(@epiduoacne)

Posted : 03/30/2016 9:14 am

Hi thanks I am using cetaphil sensitive skin wash and there moisturiser but now what bugs me is the redness of my face

MemberMember
(@growingcosmo)

Posted : 04/06/2016 2:45 am

Hi,

I was prescribed this when I first went to the doctor about my acne and they finally decided they would do an active treatment. I had this alongside an antibiotics long term for 6 months before he would refer me to see a derm.
I would love to say it worked wonders but honestly it did nothing for my acne and it made my skin more sensitive and dry and horrible than it currently is on roaccutane.
I persevered with it but at the end of the 6 months (2 different types of antibiotics) my doctor agreed it wasn't working and referred me to the hospital to see a dermatologist so I could start roaccutane as my acne has just been completely resistant to all other treatments and has now been going on for 10 years!
I did have a slight improvement about week 5 where my face started to clear, but it only lasted about 2 weeks and it came back, so maybe it hasn't had a chance to kick in yet - I would give it a few weeks before you give up as my doctor seemed to think it could take a while.

I also use cetaphil high tolerance (sensitive) cleanser and moisturizer. I have found these the best throughout all my various treatments ( and I have tried everything, from expensive to cheap). It's non-comedogenic so it wont block your pores or cause you to break out.

MemberMember
(@epiduoacne)

Posted : 04/06/2016 9:32 am

I've been using it for three weeks and still abousaloutly nothing has happened but dry out my face and made it red

MemberMember
(@changchang)

Posted : 09/10/2016 3:42 am

I've been using this too, but even if there was a little difference after 4 - 5 weeks, I changed to something else