Notifications
Clear all

CeraVe cream or lotion while on Accutane

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 02/19/2016 9:42 pm

So I'm right at day 7 of my accutane journey and my face is already DRY as hell. I just showered, cleansed, and moisturized, and I've had to moisturize two more times since then. And I still feel dry. I'm trying to finish up my Simple moisturizing lotion, but I have a feeling I'll have to switch to something else ASAP.

I ran out and bought the CeraVe moisturizing lotion, but haven't used it yet. I might try it tomorrow. But I've been reading that the CeraVe moisturizing CREAM (the one that comes in the tub) might be even better for people on Accutane... however, it seems thick (I have two little sample that my dermatologist gave me forever ago, and I just squeezed a little bit out right now and it definitely seems thick. I'm worried it would break me out, even though it says it's noncomedogenic. Has anyone had a good/bad experience using the cream?

MemberMember
(@chrissy329)

Posted : 02/21/2016 7:07 pm

I use the cerave cream in the tub and it works great and doesn't seem to break me out. It absorbs into my skin quickly and doesn't feel sticky or greasy, and its super moisturizing. I just finished my first month of accutane and my skin is mostly clear.

Stephen23 liked