Notifications
Clear all

Starting Isotretinoin (Accutane)

MemberMember
(@sebastiandk)

Posted : 01/07/2016 11:24 am

Hello everybody.

I have battled acne for the past 5 years and feel like I've tried everything.

I went to the dermatologist today and he said that I should start accutane (I live in Denmark so it goes by another name, but its the same thing)
I will need to take a blood test first, which I'll probably get tomorrow and it'll take a couple of days before they get the results. Hopefully I can start it on monday or tuesday next week.

My doctor told me that it definetely would work andI read a lot about accutane and how good it works and I'm very excited about it, however I will always have the thought at the back of my head that "What if?" What if it doesn't work and what if nothing will ever work and I'm stuck with it forever... I am positive about it though and I am prepared to have the acne worsen the first month or so, but the effect kicking in from there.

I was just wondering, how long in general does it take for accutane to work and what are the succesrates?

Thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 01/07/2016 12:14 pm

Accutane made my skin worse for the first two months, then stayed the same for the next two. Fifth month I cleared.

success rates are high. Your acne WILL be better after... But 'better' is not cured. You will still get acne, but not to the same severity - like 'normal people' acne haha. A spot every week as opposed to a cyst/nodule every other day.