Notifications
Clear all

Tinnitus (ear ringing/sounds/buzzing) while on Roaccutane

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 12/29/2015 2:10 pm

I woke up this morning with a lound ringing in my ear, the volume has lowered a bit now and it's more of a buzzing, but it's pretty annoying and I can hear it if it's quiet in the room. If there's noise in the room, I can still hear it, but not as loud. Currently taking 30mg/day (my dosage was upped last week) and my derm said I should stop taking it for a week to see what happens. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to have my ears checked. Anyone in here who went through this?

noushad79 liked
MemberMember
(@leftridingcropinmortuary)

Posted : 12/31/2015 11:18 am

Not something I experienced. Having said that, roaccutane does affect practically every bit of your body!

Good luck!

Andrei11 liked
MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/02/2016 2:29 am

Thanks.

Apparently, Tinnitus can develop from a bunch of things. In the last 2 months I've been a lot to the dentist, took Roaccutane, took Nurofen, had a cold, all of these combined with stress, not sleeping enough, coffeine etc., might have caused me Tinnitus. I'm currently off the Roaccutane for a week and taking medicine to try and fix the Tinnitus. The derm told me I can stay off the Roaccutane for 14 days, before my course gets affected. I so hope the Tinnitus will go away, never thought I will miss silence so much.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 01/03/2016 12:19 am

It's a documented side effect of the drug!

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/04/2016 5:19 am

On 1/3/2016, 744, oli girl said:

It's a documented side effect of the drug!

It is, but I can't blame it on Roaccutane, because there are so many reasons why you can develop Tinnitus. Stress, blood pressure, Nurofen, dental work, TMJ, a cold, infections, loud noises etc.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 01/04/2016 6:00 pm

12 hours ago, Andrei11 said:

It is, but I can't blame it on Roaccutane, because there are so many reasons why you can develop Tinnitus. Stress, blood pressure, Nurofen, dental work, TMJ, a cold, infections, loud noises etc.

12 hours ago, Andrei11 said:

Okay, well if you have any of the other issues that can cause tinnitus and Accutane can also cause or if you already suffer from it in the past....It could make you more susceptible to developingit.

Good Luck!

Andrei11 liked
MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/05/2016 5:59 am

Got some new tests today, the nerve wasn't affected, therefore, the Accutane wasn't the culprit.