Notifications
Clear all

Prescription Medication: Working or Not Wokring?

MemberMember
(@amelia-gawrysiak)

Posted : 11/09/2015 11:10 pm

So about a month and a half ago I was prescribed to take a 100mg of Doxycycline pill everyday, a pea drop of retin a topical cream at night, and a pea drop of onexton topical cream in the morning. I don't know if this medication is working or not. I've been using it as prescribed and never missed a dosage. My problem area is my forehead, sometimes chin, cheeks, nose areas, and occasional back acne. Now, I had a massive breakout. I started to get more back acne, acne on my chest, neck, and on the arms. These are places I've never had acne before. I know it is said that a month into acne treatment, expect it to get worse before it gets better. So i was wondering, is my acne getting worse before it gets better or do I need a stronger prescription? I have moderate acne, oily, acne prone, sensitive, and very fair skin

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 11/11/2015 1:45 am

Doxycline should would relatively quickly and doesn't normally cause a breakout. The Retin A could take several months and may not have began helping yet. Have you had any results at all in the last 1.5 months? If you don't start seeing results soon I would see your dermatologist you may require something stronger. Neither should cause you to breakout more on your body.