Notifications
Clear all

Omega 3 Oils And Accutane?

MemberMember
(@mrhizome)

Posted : 10/01/2015 3:31 pm

SO! I've been on accutane for 8 days, started taking an omega oil supplement consisting of Sardine and anchovies a few days ago and wowee do I feel like crap! Is the fish oil the culprit?

My first few days on accutane were fine, aside from some bearable eye & nose dryness nothing too insane. Then on day 6, side effects got weird, I had heart palpitations while I was trying to fall asleep, I've been experiencing severe dizziness and vertigo the past 2 days and today I've got a fabulous pressure headache (on and off) {pressure is felt at the top of my head}. I have some brain fogginess and I am absolutely exhausted - I've been trying to get around 7 hours of sleep a day in the last while.

Through a google search, I've discovered the dizziness can be a sign of brain swelling (terrifying) and the exhaustion could be a sign of chemical depression.

I'm a little bit frightened and considering stopping the meds until I see my derm in the next few days.

Otherwise, if you've experienced intensely funky symptoms when taking accutane AND fish oils, this inquiring mind would love to know if they are related!

Thanks,

Anna

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 10/06/2015 1:35 pm

Supplements are for most part unregulated so that could be possible. Headaches come and go, but if you start getting double vision then you should get some help. There is a lot of hype surrounding accutane side effects with little or no evidence to support them. I think you're gonna be fine, just try not to worry yourself sick.
Keep us informed on your progress