Notifications
Clear all

Does Acctuane Work For Me? Should I Try?im At The End Of My Ropes.

MemberMember
(@chelsmen)

Posted : 09/30/2015 8:25 pm

Okay guys so i've had acne for quite a while now. I started getting pimples since around 7th grade, and I've gone to dermatologist two times but failure overtime. My acne is not severe but its definitely taken a huge toll on me. I feel stupid at how i can't resist having a but of acne, i try everyday to have hope and see the bright side but its honestly hard. I definitely retain myself from living a social life because of this. So, i am soo ready to try to get rid of this and live my life to full potential. Again i hate that I'm so weak. Anyway, i have this weird type of acne now and its like a bunch of grainy pores like blackheads but they're not black. They look like keratin or sebum hard plugs. basically its all over my face mostly cheeks and forehead. I also have about 7 small pimples around my face. my face isn't too oily, but definitely "oily" now (before my face was NOT oily at all). I want to try actuate but will it be affective, I'm definetly ready for any side effects, I'm just scared it will bring even more acne on or something :( or that it won't work but ugh probably worth a try anyway... what do you guys think :((

MemberMember
(@lunaquinn)

Posted : 09/30/2015 11:53 pm

Can I ask for photos of your skin? Also, what type of skin care regimen are you following? Accutane is an amazing drug, but the biggest thing to consider before taking the drug is how you currently treat your skin.

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 10/06/2015 2:32 pm

Luna is right. Accutane is an excellent drug, but it's not always needed. What treatments have you tried and what are you currently using?
It also sounds like the stress, and maybe poor self esteem is taking a toll on you. Anxiety and depression absolutely cannot be ignored. Stay connected to your friends and family, and don't be afraid to ask for help. Things get tough but it will get better.

MemberMember
(@yoryi)

Posted : 01/14/2016 12:38 am

Hey man, I have a similar story. The only thing is I cannot take accutane due to my dry, eczema-prone skin and kidney problems. Just wanted to know if you found anything that helps you with your hard sebum plugs.