Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Intial Breakout Help

MemberMember
(@subtlefighter)

Posted : 09/26/2015 3:07 pm

I've been on Accutane for exactly a month now! I'm on 80mg a day and I'm a male who weighs 160. I believe I'm going through the IB and it's such a bitch I can't take it anymore. I've been going through it for at least 2 weeks and it seems like every hour I get a new pimple. I wanted to know when should I expect this to stop? My skins dry and the parts where I don't have the breakout look better than ever which is the only thing giving me hope at this point but it's still awful. My acne was mild to begin with and I'm on a 4 month course of it. I'm visiting my deem on Monday I was wondering if I should ask for antibiotics as I heard that helps a lot during the IB? Please help! thanks

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/27/2015 4:26 pm

You just have to ride through it unfortunately. You for the most part may continue to breakout, clear up, breakout, clear up, you get the picture. It sucks, no way around it. If it's out of control and much worse than your usual acne, an AB can be prescribed but you really want to minimize the number of pills you're taking but ti's your choice.

Good Luck and stay strong.