Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin Accutane?

MemberMember
(@ellgx)

Posted : 09/17/2015 5:18 pm

Hi, I am starting Accutane next week and I have a couple of questions.

How dry does our skin actually get? It is to the point where yo can't where makeup?

Basically I want to prepare myself for the coming months and I believe Accutane will be worth i in the long run, but it the dry skin manageable or does it look really bad?

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 09/17/2015 6:00 pm

It can differ by person I guess.

My skin got pretty dry and some days it looked really bad, but I used a thick moisturiser and I was still able to wear make up as long as I used the moisturiser and a primer before hand.

MemberMember
(@accordianist)

Posted : 09/17/2015 9:01 pm

I like everyone was terrified of accutane until I went on it.

Dry skin IS WHAT YOU WANT!

Acne and oily skin is a nightmare.

IT IS EASY TO MOISTURIZE YOUR SKIN.

MemberMember
(@chippy1)

Posted : 09/18/2015 2:16 am

Lips and dry skin seem to be the norm when using roaccutane but as mentioned, everyone is different....and everyones dosage is different which I think also impacts on any sideaffects....I used roaccutane(isotretinoin) about 7 years ago and have just started a low dosage (20mg daily)......make sure you start with a lip balm from day one even before your lips start getting dry, this will help a lot.

I used vaseline for my lips first time but wasnt great......I'm on day 5 now and have used Eucerin intensive lip balm since day one and so far my lips have been fine....

Moisturize your skin and this should help also....I've read alot of reviews that CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion is very good(just ordered this myself and waiting for delivery to arrive) CeraVe seems to get excellent reviews and is light so doesnt clog your pores!

Hope this helps