Notifications
Clear all

Losing Hope

MemberMember
(@dreez7)

Posted : 09/15/2015 11:52 am

I have been struggling with acne since my teens and although I thought it was bad back then, it doesnt beat what I have now. I, like most people on this site, feel like I've been through it all. All the creams, all the face washes, all the diets...and nothing seems to work. I have hormonal acne and although I've had periods of time where my skin is great, the bad times outweigh the good. I'm 20 and all my friends and the people around me seem to have perfect skin. I on the other hand feel myself being the only one struggling with this horrible problem. I get anxiety to the point where I am not able to be myself around people. I skip classes if my skin is really bad, miss events and try to not socialize with anyone. No matter how much makeup I put on I know you are still able to see the bumps on my skin and the scars from previous acne. It feels as though I have gone to countless doctor appointments and always find myself sitting back in the chair a few months later. I was recently on minocycline and although it seemed to have a positive effect on my skin the first 5 months, eventually my acne came back worse than ever. I am now hoping Spironolactone will help as I am not willing to go on accutane due to the severaity of its side effects. I also do not believe my acne is bad enough to go on it. If anyone else is going through a similar issue please let me know because sometimes I feel as though I am alone in this battle against acne...

MemberMember
(@3agrooga)

Posted : 09/15/2015 2:40 pm

Hello there, I'm walking in the exact same shoes .. struggled with acne as a teen but nothing compared to what I have now. I turned 26 this year, and about a year or so ago my skin started acting up, and breaking out in places I never broke out before .. that's when I started seeing a dermatologist.

I have tried and tested almost everything from organic to medical skincare, watched my diet, drank lots of tea, and green smoothies (which helped a lot) .. I have went on antibiotics and tried laser treatment. My acne has somewhat improved (not as angry and painful), but I still breakout.

Like you, my acne seems hormonal (breaking out on cheeks and jawline) even though my hormones are in check. and like you, I don't want to go on Accutane due to it's side effects ..

I have learned to accept my skin .. tell myself it's just acne and that it doesn't change the person I am. but of course I have days where I am just too frustrated and angry because I have been back to square one way too many times.

I am now on the regimen, this is my second day and I'm really hopeful. I hope it will be the answer to this persistent problem.

What are you currently doing to combat/control acne? in terms of skincare and lifestyle?

You are not alone and I hope you'll find what works for you!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/15/2015 6:44 pm

I have been struggling with acne since my teens and although I thought it was bad back then, it doesnt beat what I have now. I, like most people on this site, feel like I've been through it all. All the creams, all the face washes, all the diets...and nothing seems to work. I have hormonal acne and although I've had periods of time where my skin is great, the bad times outweigh the good. I'm 20 and all my friends and the people around me seem to have perfect skin. I on the other hand feel myself being the only one struggling with this horrible problem. I get anxiety to the point where I am not able to be myself around people. I skip classes if my skin is really bad, miss events and try to not socialize with anyone. No matter how much makeup I put on I know you are still able to see the bumps on my skin and the scars from previous acne. It feels as though I have gone to countless doctor appointments and always find myself sitting back in the chair a few months later. I was recently on minocycline and although it seemed to have a positive effect on my skin the first 5 months, eventually my acne came back worse than ever. I am now hoping Spironolactone will help as I am not willing to go on accutane due to the severaity of its side effects. I also do not believe my acne is bad enough to go on it. If anyone else is going through a similar issue please let me know because sometimes I feel as though I am alone in this battle against acne...

Many of us have been there. I just stated spiro too so feel free to vent.

MemberMember
(@dreez7)

Posted : 09/15/2015 6:54 pm

Many of us have been there. I just stated spiro too so feel free to vent.

How is it going? What else have you tried before spiro?

MemberMember
(@magicclear13)

Posted : 09/15/2015 8:58 pm

Dreez, Your not alone, I wanted you to read this posted message ,