Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane Tomorrow! So Excited!

MemberMember
(@calmfruit)

Posted : 08/12/2015 3:46 pm

So basically my mom took me to a new doctor and it was the weirdest experience of my life. He walks in the door looks at my acne and says wow that isn't that bad just deal with it so then he tells me to take my shirt off and spin around for him and stuff and starting touching me in weird places talking about all the moles on my body for ten minutes. Finally he said he would get me ACCUTANE and my acne is actually pretty bad. It was a very ghetto unprofessional place but I'm finally getting my miracle drug. Starting ACCUTANE tomorrow 40mg a day any tips?

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 08/13/2015 5:24 am

Wow. Just make sure you are confortable with your doctor. That strange ghetto doctor will be the one setting your doses and checking your bloodwork. Hope it works out for you!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/13/2015 7:05 pm

I agree with Chris. You don't want some nut who doesn't know what he's doing monitoring you during your process.

MemberMember
(@tonyy)

Posted : 08/13/2015 10:23 pm

You're in a ride for a VERY long adventure my friend. Lol just kidding, all I can say is, a good moisturizer, some vaseline for your lips and nose, Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and some sunscreen. Don't be eager to see results the next day like I was, patience is literally the key. Also, try not to pick at your acne if you can help it. Oh and take your pill with a healthy fatty meal because Accutane is a fat-soluble and absorbs over 2x better with it and you wanna make sure you get you cumalative dose so you don't risk relapse. Good luck on the road to clear skin!!