Notifications
Clear all

Dianette To Marvelon

MemberMember
(@unevenmint)

Posted : 07/29/2015 10:38 am

So I've been on dianette for a year, after starting it because I had acne covering my t-zone. My skin cleared up and has been pretty much completely clear for many months, and it's been great. However, my doctor is unwilling to let me remain on it and after them being completely dismissive and lacking any concern for my skin worries, I've been given Marvelon to use instead.

I'm on my 6th day and I am already breaking out more than when I was on dianette, with bumps on my chin and a spot at the side of my nose. Minimal for now but I can see that this is likely to grow back to what it was before, which is destroying me inside, considering my pigmentation has just got to a barely managable state. Now every spot will leave a mark. My skin has also become a LOT more oily, which makes me fear the return of my t-zone problems.

Has anybody got any experience with marvelon or swapping from dianette?

Also, has anybody got any advice how to reduce oily skin? Vitamins etc?

Thank you so much to anyone who replies!

MemberMember
(@delicatehelix)

Posted : 07/14/2016 11:32 am

I'm on Marvelon and my doctor said it could take up to 3 months to see full effect.

That at said I understand why you doc wouldn't want to keep you on dianette long term. Where I am it is only approved for 6 months or less due to a higher than average risk of blood clots vs other forms of birth control

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 01/09/2017 1:55 pm

How did Marvelon work for you? I am on my 4th month, switched from ortho lo to marvelon. I believe this birth control hasn't improved my skin at all, it's actually worse.

MemberMember
(@charbellaa)

Posted : 03/05/2018 10:06 am

On 14/07/2016 at 5:32 PM, DelicateHelix said:

I'm on Marvelon and my doctor said it could take up to 3 months to see full effect.

That at said I understand why you doc wouldn't want to keep you on dianette long term. Where I am it is only approved for 6 months or less due to a higher than average risk of blood clots vs other forms of birth control

Hey. Just wondering how you got on with Marvelon Im on my 2nd packet nearly finished and skin is still the same still breaking out I think Im still going through the initial breakout period... how long till your skin was clear??

MemberMember
(@charbellaa)

Posted : 03/20/2018 2:14 pm

My skin seems to clear up on my pill free week which is weird.. started my 3rd month now so we will see if it improves after this month.. did your skin get better ??