Notifications
Clear all

1 Week Off Roaccutane & I Have A Massive Breakout!

MemberMember
(@hollys90)

Posted : 07/27/2015 11:58 am

I finished Roaccutane a week ago. I was on a low dose, that started at 10mg, then gradually increased to 60mg per day. I am 69kg,

I slowly tapered off Roaccutane, ending last week. All of a sudden, over the weekend I have had a huge breakout, and my skin looks worse than before I even got on Roaccutane. I am feeling so discouraged. A year on Roaccutane with all of the side effects which included lots of hair loss, and not even a week of clear skin.

Has anyone else experienced this?

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/27/2015 12:29 pm

did you skin clear up at all while you were on it? How long were you on the 10mg, and how long on the 60mg?

MemberMember
(@hollys90)

Posted : 07/27/2015 2:14 pm

I was on 10 mg for the first 2 months, then 20mg for the next 4 months, then 40mg for 4 months, then 60mg for 1 month. I had to go back down to 40mg as my hair started falling out a lot on the 60mg dose. I then went back to 20mg a day, then every other day for the last month.

Sorry I forgot to mention that yes my skin cleared literally by the second month. I had small breakouts on and off during the course but I never had any cysts, just one or two tiny pimples

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/27/2015 2:52 pm

Thats crazy. I don't understand why it did not stick, especially since you were clear for so long. The 4 months of 40mg and 1 month of 60mg should have been enough to meet your cumulative dose requirements. Is your skin still oily?

I don't know statistically but I know this is not unheard of, there are many who have needed multiple coarse. I have also read about some people who have broken out directly after stopping and re cleared up again a few weeks down the road. Be gentle with your skin for a couple weeks and see how it plays out before trying anything else. If it continues to get worse get your dermatologist opinion. Hope it gets better, best of luck!

MemberMember
(@hollys90)

Posted : 07/27/2015 3:20 pm

I hope you are right about it clearing. I will come back and update in a few weeks. Thanks for responding!