Notifications
Clear all

Menstrual Cycle With Accutane?

MemberMember
(@daredevil)

Posted : 07/24/2015 8:13 pm

Hi there,

I'm currently on 40mg of Accutane and I'm 40 days late on my period. I'm just wondering when my cycles will go back to normal? I've heard browsing through some past posts that irregular periods can occur, but it's not listed as a side effect on the medication pamphlet that comes with Accutane.

I'm not on any form of contraceptives but I'm not sexually active and I will never be at a risk for engaging in any sexual activity. I got my blood test results back last week which revealed I'm negative for pregnancy, but I'm just concerned on how late my period is suppose to come?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 07/26/2015 6:37 am

I got this too but brushed it off to stress as I had a busy time in work when I was on accutane. Every month I just randomly came on, sometimes twice a month, sometimes not at all. I didn't have a proper cycle at all but after I stopped accutane in April it took til this month to get back into a normal cycle.

MemberMember
(@rebeccaahrens)

Posted : 10/06/2015 1:44 am

I think you should consult with your doctor about this. Sometimes stress can be also be a reason of delaying periods, few months back even I had the same problem then my doctor assured me that it is normal, gave some medication and suggested to do regular exercises like aerobics and yoga that helped me to stay stress free and reduced my menstrual cramps, you may also try menstrual cup during your periods, to stay more relax and comfortable.