Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline Stopped Working

MemberMember
(@rblhws)

Posted : 07/23/2015 4:44 am

So I'm taking MInocycline 100mg twice a day. I've been on it for three weeks now. The first two weeks it worked great, but now it appears to have stopped working. My next Derm appointment isn't for another two months. I'm not sure what to do. It seems pointless to get a refill and continue taking something that isn't working for me. Should I continue taking it anyway?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/23/2015 10:19 am

yes, three weeks isn't a fair trial- so keep at it for another 5-6 weeks minimum before you stop give it a chance to work

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/23/2015 10:24 am

So I'm taking MInocycline 100mg twice a day. I've been on it for three weeks now. The first two weeks it worked great, but now it appears to have stopped working. My next Derm appointment isn't for another two months. I'm not sure what to do. It seems pointless to get a refill and continue taking something that isn't working for me. Should I continue taking it anyway?

Yeap - I agree with the poster above. However, if your skin starts to get dramatically worse (i.e. - not just 'not getting better' but actually getting dramatically worse breakouts) you should definitely call your dermatologist. I would also recommend using BP while taking an oral antibiotic, use of topical BP has been shown to dramatically reduce the chance of tolerance to antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:08 pm

I had great results with minocycline twice. Each time, I didn't see a dramatic difference until after the first month. The first month is a little sketchy. My acne stayed away after that and then for three months after I finished the drug.