Treclin

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 07/22/2015 5:03 am

Hi all.

Finished my accutane course 4 months ago and been using Differin 0.1% for a while with minimal improvement. I have closed comedones and a couple of papules.

Today my dermatologist prescribed me Treclin gel which I believe is a mix of tretinion and clindamycin.

Just wondering if anyone has used this and what the results are? Im always scared of trying a new thing!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/22/2015 5:54 am

The American version I believe is called Ziana. I was on it for 3 months and it has been the worst topical I've been on to date. Never healed or stopped my acne. The issue with those combination meds is that the antibiotic component will eventually stop working. Why not do a retinoid and a topical antibiotic as two separate things.

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 07/22/2015 6:45 am

Thanks for the info!

Yeah I was hoping for antibiotics to go along with the Differin as its not been amazing but it has given some improvement I cant lie, for example today, I literally have 6 closed comedones -thats it! But I had never heard of this gel til today as I didnt realise it was Ziana so I just said yeah. I might see what my GP says about as in the UK if a derm prescribes anything other than accutane then I need to make a seperate GP appointment to actually GET the stuff lol.