Notifications
Clear all

Benzaclin & Tretinoin...

MemberMember
(@aracelicantu1245)

Posted : 06/19/2015 12:32 am

Hello! my dermatologist prescribed me benzaclin and tretinoin about a week ago and i have been using tretinoin every night...and bezaclin every morning AND night. However, the benzaclin makes my face burn like HELL everytime i put it on and if i add tretinoin on top of it , It makes the burning sensation worse.

I cut benzaclin out of todays routine and my face hasnt burned at all and i have the tretinoin on my face at the moment and it isnt burning my face at all...so that is why i believe it is the benzaclin.

However my main concern is.... will my tretinoin be less effective if i stop using my benzaclin along with it? i seriously cannot bare the burning sensation it gives me...however, i do not want it to have less effectiveness on my face.

My acne is just mild...nothing too dramatic. Its very deep set though, but just mild. So i dont feel like using them both together is necessary...but im not too sure. Can someone please answer my question and help? .

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/19/2015 10:33 pm

Maybe you're sensitive to the bp in it. The tretinoin is what is going to hopefully stop the acne from forming in the first place so it's not a big deal if the benzaclin has to be cut from your regimen. Most likely you were prescribed this to keep the inflammation in check while the tretinoin does its thing.