Notifications
Clear all

Can Tretinoin Gel Be Used On Skin Beneath The Eyes?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 06/11/2015 10:20 am

I have Tretinoin gel (0.04%), which I've not braved trying, as several Acne.org members have said it makes scars (indentations) more noticeable. But I'm wondering if it can be used on skin directly beneath the eyes--if only 1-3 times per week--to help with fine lines?

I recall someone once saying on the forum that she used a prescription-strength Tretinoin daily on the skin beneath her eyes for about a year and the skin began to visibly thin--i.e., it became a bit bluish in color; so there is that concern, but I wouldn't plan on using the gel I have daily.

Thank you,

PI

MemberMember
(@jennjennjenn)

Posted : 06/12/2015 12:05 am

I think it depends on your skin. I used prescription-strength (i think .1%) for years all over my face, including beneath the eyes and never noticed anything. But I think I have thick skin.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 06/12/2015 8:51 am

jennjennjenn,

Out of curiosity, did your derm tell you that it could be used on the skin beneath your eyes, or did you just decide to try it?

Thanks,

PI

MemberMember
(@jennjennjenn)

Posted : 06/12/2015 5:34 pm

jennjennjenn,

Out of curiosity, did your derm tell you that it could be used on the skin beneath your eyes, or did you just decide to try it?

Thanks,

PI

I was told to use it "all over my face" and so I did.