Notifications
Clear all

Is My Isotretinoin Aka Accutane To High?

MemberMember
(@peachykeenn)

Posted : 04/22/2015 12:08 pm

Hello I'm new to acne.org but I'm starting isotretinoin tomorrow to be precise my acne is moderate but my face is full of red marks and ice pick scars sadly even though it's not severe acne I scar so easily. Does accutane help with scaring? Also I weigh about a hundred pounds and my prescription is 40mg twice a day and I think that might be to much!! It might be that it's a total of 40 mg and it's 20mg twice a day I'm not sure. Advice please!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/22/2015 12:17 pm

That's a better question for your derm. Before you begin your course, make sure you understand all your doctor's instructions for taking it. And if you think the dose may be too high and are not comfortable, discuss that with him as well. The dose varies from person to person on here depending on severity of acne and the comfort levels of both the derm and the patient. Most derms will not prescribe Accutane until all other options have been exhausted. So yeah, you can get some advice and feedback on here, but ultimately make sure you speak to your derm.

Best of luck! :)