Accutane

MemberMember
(@baileyg124)

Posted : 04/21/2015 10:44 pm

I went to the derm and we started the process of being put on accutane and they asked me for my 2 forms of BC and I said abstinent but I've had sex many times before and I know 100% sure I will not get pregnant even though I'm sexually active because during the one month before, and the months during and the month after I am going to not have sex at all. I was wondering if that's fine and is considered abstinent. Don't tell me I should be on BC Bevause I know I will not be having sex I don't have a boyfriend any more and there is no need for me to do so

MemberMember
(@piano36)

Posted : 05/04/2015 6:46 pm

It is still considered abstinence even if you have had sex before. As long as you are completely sure that you can make the commitment to not have any sex until a month after you finish accutane, then it should be fine. If at any time your situation changes, you need to talk to your dermatologist to change your forms of birth control before having sex (as one has to be something like the pill or an IUD, not just a condom).

MemberMember
(@matt1111)

Posted : 05/04/2015 10:11 pm

I don't think they give you a choice on the birth control, at least not in the USA