Notifications
Clear all

Help! Ziana! (Tretinoin And Clindamycin)

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 02/05/2015 10:28 pm

*DESPERATE FOR CLEAR SKIN BY APRIL 1 2015 - GOING ON VACATION*

Hi there. I am a 16 year old female on ziana and 100mg minocyline every night. Last year i achieved beautiful skin after 3 months on epiduo and doxycyxline but I became resistant so the derm switched it up. However I am 2.5 months into the ziana regimen and am not pleased. I haven't seen any improvement honestly and have just recently gotten huge cysts on my naturally clear forehead.... I get so hopefull from peoples stories that say after 3 months there skin improves greatly.., but then get very discouraged when I see those posts saying the product didn't work at all. Is it normal to still be on the initial breakout 10 weeks into ziana?

Also: the last month I have been using tea tree oil basically all over my face because I was so desperate to get clear and then applying ziana directly on top.... Just yesterday I read that tea tree oil shouldn't be mixed with a tretinoin (ziana) so I stopped today and will never use it again. Also I have always applied ziana in the morning and night but am now just doing night because I thought the overuse might be contributing to my breakouts. Thoughts?

Regimen: morning: wash with cetaphil oil control foam wash

Apply cetaphil oil control moisturizer

Night: same thing but apply ziana before moisturizer and take 100mg minocycline pill

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/05/2015 11:17 pm

Ok , this is how my daughter used the ziana,

Morning

Wash with purpose face wash cleanser .

No moisturizer

Night wash with purpose face wash cleanser

Apply ziana ,no moisturizer.

That is all she did ,she cleared within 4months ,before ziana,she used differin for a month.

She wore make-up and just used the purpose to remove make-up

She couldn't use make-up remover wipes,since her skin was sensitive.

You are not supposed to use anything else ,I don't know about moisturizing but ,I think that the ziana worked better without it.

She kept clear for about a year and 2 months, but she abused make-up, and didn't remove it properly.

Ziana made her skin glow, the whiteheads would pop up on their own.

Ask your dermatologist if you have any doubts about how to use it.

MemberMember
(@tnorm)

Posted : 02/06/2015 6:45 am

Ok , this is how my daughter used the ziana,

Morning

Wash with purpose face wash cleanser .

No moisturizer

Night wash with purpose face wash cleanser

Apply ziana ,no moisturizer.

That is all she did ,she cleared within 4months ,before ziana,she used differin for a month.

She wore make-up and just used the purpose to remove make-up

She couldn't use make-up remover wipes,since her skin was sensitive.

You are not supposed to use anything else ,I don't know about moisturizing but ,I think that the ziana worked better without it.

She kept clear for about a year and 2 months, but she abused make-up, and didn't remove it properly.

Ziana made her skin glow, the whiteheads would pop up on their own.

Ask your dermatologist if you have any doubts about how to use it.

Thank you for your reply! Did she go through an initial breakout? My derm told me to always moisturize and even if I didn't my skin would be very dry and flakey. Was your daughter seeing progress the whole time or did it just clear up at 4 months?

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/06/2015 8:09 pm

The initial breakouts were during differin one month use ,after that 2 months of ziana purging,bad ,on the third month almost clear , the fourth month clear ,breakouts that would come out as whiteheads and they would pop up on their own.

But she sticked to the ziana without a moisturizer.

Maybe you could moisturize during the day only , and let the ziana work by itself at night.

Also you have to stay out of the sun ,preferably since retin a makes the skin really sensitive.

At the beginning it was hard for my daughter to deal with the dryness and flaking ,after 3months on ziana, her skin started getting balanced.

Take care.