Notifications
Clear all

What Do U Think

MemberMember
(@padresfan644)

Posted : 01/29/2015 10:12 am

I have had moderate to sever acne since 7th grade. Back then I didn't think much of it. But now getting to be a sophomore in high school I am starting to feel the social, emotional, and physical effects of acne. I know I don't have the worst acne in the world, but it is very bothering to look into the mirror and see blemishes. Naturally, I have a very outgoing personality. Recently with my acne I have found myself not hanging out with friends as much and just generally trying to avoid people when I get a bad breakout. I have been going to the dermatologist for about 8 months and have seen some improvement with some acne laser treatments. Before that I had tried every store bought acne treatment available. The Doxycycline I was on has little to no improvement. I am also starting to get a little of acne on my chest and back.

Last week I finished my last of six laser treatments for my acne. It has helped but I am still not satisfied. I have probably had a total of 8 or 9 laser treatments. I have tried 3 different kinds of laser treatments ranging from pretty mild treatments to more aggressive. I still am suffering from acne. I am at a cross road and now have to consider my next step in the struggle to achieve clear skin. I have talked with my dermatologist and basically arrived at these options.

1. I can continue with these expensive laser treatments and hope for the best.

2. I can try another round of antibiotics with a topical.

3. I can talk to a primary dermatologist and start on accutane.

4. Do nothing and continue suffering with acne.

My gut reaction is to go with accutane and get it out of the way. I have had a good amount of friends take accutane and their acne is all gone. I understand all the side effects and what not. I think it is time to just go through all the dry skin and get 100% clear...

What do you think???

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/29/2015 12:56 pm

Don't wait so long, like I did. Try to get Accutane before you scar.