Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Random Red Eyelids

MemberMember
(@ardeidae)

Posted : 12/11/2014 12:20 am

Hello everyone,

I have been on Accutane for about five weeks now. 60mg/day for the first month, then just switched to 80mg/day when I saw my doctor last week. I am a 130 pound, 5'3 female. Last week sometime I woke up and noticed both my bottom eyelids were red, on the area where one would normally put eyeliner. I am not using any new makeup, I don't wear eyeliner, and I don't have allergies. They don't particularly hurt. I can tell my eyes aren't happy and are itchy, but that's about it.

It's possibly pink eye, I suppose, but usually that is in just one eye. I can tell the eye with my contact (I wear only one) is slightly worse off than the other eye. Anyone had a similar experience, or advice on if I should see a doctor about it? I'm wondering if it could be related to the dosage increase, but I believe I had the red eyelids before I saw the doctor and upped my dosage.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@amyaimz)

Posted : 12/13/2014 4:24 pm

I've experienced similar to this after a few months... Red and swollen eye lids and around my eye area. I stopped wearing mascara and eye make up every day and this seems to have calmed it down. Had my eyelashes tinted instead as I think taking off my mad sea every night was irritating my eyes. Hope yours gets better.