Notifications
Clear all

Is This A Pimple Or A Rash?

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 11/30/2014 9:35 pm

I am in my 8th and last month of accutane and I am getting these tiny red bumps on my body and sometimes my face. They appear to be filled with a pus-like sustance. My skin also has red patches and is very itchy. I am very clear and am confused as to why I would still be breaking out, and if this means its not working. But I am hoping it is just a rash. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this experience and could tell me what is going on.

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 12/01/2014 12:02 am

Hmm, I cant seem to get my camera working. But basically they look like small white pearly goosebumps (sort of like a whitehead) surrounded by flat red rash-like skin.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/02/2014 6:10 pm

That sounds like a rash, a pretty common side effect. Ask your dermatologist for a medium topical steroid (they are typically quite cheap and super useful for all kinds of skin ailments *in moderation*). It should clear the rash up after a couple of days. From there, continue a very thorough moisturizing regimen to keep the rashes at bay. It shouldn't be too much of an issue after you finish up your course.