Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Recurring Oil - Face - Back- Neck

MemberMember
(@clairebear2222)

Posted : 11/26/2014 2:43 pm

Hi!

I just want to ask whether any of you have/had the same problem as me.

I began taking accutane roughly 2 years ago due to my pimples that just wouldn't go away. They weren't cystic pimples. I would have them all over my forehead, just my forehead. the rest would be on my back and the back of my neck. The back and neck pimples got worse at a later time though. Let me just add that my face back and neck was EXTREMELY oily too. I would wake up the next morning with heavy oil on my face. and those oil blotting papers I'd used up the whole packet by the end of the day. Anyway, as far as I can remember I think my accutane lasted over 6 months , but I can't remember how much I took maybe it was around 20mg. So, after the treatment, my face back and neck totally cleared of pimples, it was spotless, no scarring, and totally oil free! I was still struggling with the dryness of my lips but everything was perfect.

Until last summer, I tanned a lot in the beach, and I don't know if it's true whether past accutane users should forever stay out of the sun just incase my oil glands started going crazy Again and produce a ton of oil in my face. I noticed after the summer though that my face got a Little greasy but I think it stopped at one point. Now, this summer I tanned like crazy, and right after summer my face was crazy oily again. It's nearly December now and my face just gets greasier and greasier. I have started getting pimples again. not the usual 1 spot or 2. Like 4 grouped together at the side of my head, then 2 seperate ones in my forehead with pus. 2 on my chin and 1 on either cheek. That's how my face looks like now. I also have pimples on my scalp, and could feel these tiny white bead like things on my scalp. Also I'm starting to get pimples on my back nothing drastic around 5-6 pimples a few on my neck and I could feel them getting oilier.

I don't know what to do with it. I have called up a dermatologist here in Denmark, but I couldn't get an appointment til end of january 2015!! My confidence has really dropped I'm not used to my skin being so ugly like this. I'm hoping if any one of you out there can maybe give me a tip or two on what I can do to improve my skin for the meantime. and if any of you think I should get on accutane again? I don't think any soap or moisturizer cream can cure this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Claire

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 11/26/2014 9:35 pm

Hi Claire!

I'm sorry to read that your acne is coming back. If your dosage was just 20 mg/day for 6 months it is very likely that it was not enough, so that may be why your acne relapses. Also, I think it is normal that after a certain period, the oil on your face comes back. Are you using any acne product right now?

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/26/2014 9:36 pm

Try using natural manuka honey, it is helpful for skin infections. Natural manuka is found effective in treating acne because it contains highest levels of antibacterial properties that fight infection associated with acne vulgaris.

MemberMember
(@clairebear2222)

Posted : 12/13/2014 1:58 pm

Hi MarcyC yes I've been using Sebamed - facial cleanser, soap, toner, and moisturizer before and after accutane. It seems to be the only products that help my skin. Do you think I should get back on the treatment?