Notifications
Clear all

Diane-35, Need Some Help!

MemberMember
(@teff)

Posted : 11/19/2014 7:03 am

Long story short, I started Diane two years ago when I started developing moderate acne. As I can remember, it started to clear me up almost immediately and in 2-3 months my acne was almost gone with no initial breakout to start with. After a year I switched to yasmin and then to yasminelle, and finally I didn't take any bcp at all. About 13 months after going off diane my acne started coming back, definitely not as bad as before Diane but after two months of bad skin I got fef up and started Diane again. It's been 9 days and my skin is AWFUL, I can't even look myself in the mirror. The acne is so much worse than before I started the pill, and it started the 7th day of taking it and happened almost over night. Maybe Diane is not as effective for me anymore? Anyone else with a similar experience who can tell me if it got better and in that case when it got better? I've read a lot about initial breakouts but this early? Do I have to put up with this for serveral months? I have a prescription for a lymecycline antibiotics as well, if I start taking that is there a chance that it will help with the breakouts from Diane or will it just cause another initial breakout?

MemberMember
(@larosa)

Posted : 11/24/2014 4:38 pm

Hi Teff, I'm on yasminelle and have just started my second pack and my skin is SO much worse than before I started. I'm also on tetralysol and using epiduo, and I can say that I wouldn't worry about antibiotics causing an initial breakout, they take months to kick in just like the pill, but they don't cause an IB.

Would you recommend Diane as opposed to Yasminelle? I'm ready to try anything and also avoiding the mirror :(

The only thing I worry about with Diane is the nausea and tummy issues...

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 12/31/2014 12:20 am

Sometimes when you put something as drastic as hormone therapy in your body that you're not used to, you get a reaction.

Also, keep in mind that your hormones may have fluctuated during the time you stopped taking birth control. You may need a different pill. But it could just be for this month. I'd definitely give it another month if you can stand it.