Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 11/11/2014 4:37 am

Hi!I was prescribed Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel by the dermatologist, and after I apply the gel and then moisturizer on top of it, my face starts getting this burning sensation. It only happens after I put moisturizer on. If I don't put any moisturizer on, it'll just get really dry. The burning will only last a couple minutes so it's not a big deal. It doesn't really hurt anyways, but I'm just wondering if it's normal. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@xangelinax)

Posted : 11/21/2014 9:04 am

I find with Benzoyl Peroxide my face burns a little especially around sensitive areas when I apply moisturiser on top of it.

MemberMember
(@beautifulinsidexx)

Posted : 11/21/2014 7:22 pm

I have incredibly sensitive skin, I found mixing anything with BP in it with a very plain moisturizer (I currently use cerave) is the only thing that helps. I have also had dermatologist recommend weening on and off, for example use a retinol or BP containing product only once every other day until it's less irritated and gradually working it to be everyday, then twice a day. (I tried to, but I've never been able to get a product with BP in it to more than once a day.) I wish you luck!