Notifications
Clear all

Help Me Please

MemberMember
(@p1nky)

Posted : 09/18/2014 11:29 am

Please help me, I was put on antibiotics, oxytetracycline yesterday for my mild acne, today I broke out all over the right side of my face, which has never happened before...it was located in my chin. I don't know what to do. I suffer severe anxiety and depression due to my mild acne so this is like hell for me. Could the antibiotics do this? They are bigger and redder in real life

post-360458-0-77588100-1411057765_thumb.

post-360458-0-77588100-1411057765_thumb.

MemberMember
(@p1nky)

Posted : 09/18/2014 1:28 pm

This shows the bumps better (or worse)

If anyone else has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I am on day two oxytetracycline, day two if dianette and month 4 of duac.

Could my skin not like these drugs?

post-360458-0-74886000-1411064905_thumb.

post-360458-0-74886000-1411064905_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/18/2014 2:21 pm

Yeah you could be having an adverse reaction, but it would be unusual to occur on only one side of your face. It could be your pillow or something. Regardless, that's a lot of medication. You could consider other options like dietary changes or accutane.

MemberMember
(@p1nky)

Posted : 09/18/2014 3:22 pm

Yeah you could be having an adverse reaction, but it would be unusual to occur on only one side of your face. It could be your pillow or something. Regardless, that's a lot of medication. You could consider other options like dietary changes or accutane.

Hi thanks for the reply

The gp here in the uk won't refer me to a dermatologist and I can't afford to go privately. I would take accutane but they say my acne isn't severe enough and to try the antibiotics and bcp.

I have recently made more effort with my diet, with less sugar, dairy and no diet coke but my skin is the worst it's ever been

I have 11 active spots all over my face whilst I'm used to have 3-4 on and around my chin.

I'm just really confused as what is happening to my skin ATM.

MemberMember
(@squirrelmonkey)

Posted : 09/18/2014 5:15 pm

Hi thanks for the reply

The gp here in the uk won't refer me to a dermatologist and I can't afford to go privately. I would take accutane but they say my acne isn't severe enough and to try the antibiotics and bcp.

I have recently made more effort with my diet, with less sugar, dairy and no diet coke but my skin is the worst it's ever been

I have 11 active spots all over my face whilst I'm used to have 3-4 on and around my chin.

Just like what Quetzlcoatl said, that's a lot of medication you're throwing at your body all at once, so it could just be your skin trying to compensate. I remember that when I took antibiotics I got big red pimples like that on my one cheek even though, like you, it's not my usual breakout area. The same thing happened when I took natural herbal blood purifiers. And the pimples showed up just in time for my university grad photos (yay for photoshop!). So it might be your body trying to sort itself out whenever you change something internally. That's a very short time to have that happen though, so it's hard to say. If it gets very very bad and you're really worried, don't hesitate to visit the doctor again so he/she can take a look, both for your mental and physical well-being. If it helps, I think your skin looks awesome!

MemberMember
(@p1nky)

Posted : 09/19/2014 1:43 am

Hi thanks for the reply

Just like what Quetzlcoatl said, that's a lot of medication you're throwing at your body all at once, so it could just be your skin trying to compensate. I remember that when I took antibiotics I got big red pimples like that on my one cheek even though, like you, it's not my usual breakout area. The same thing happened when I took natural herbal blood purifiers. And the pimples showed up just in time for my university grad photos (yay for photoshop!). So it might be your body trying to sort itself out whenever you change something internally. That's a very short time to have that happen though, so it's hard to say. If it gets very very bad and you're really worried, don't hesitate to visit the doctor again so he/she can take a look, both for your mental and physical well-being. If it helps, I think your skin looks awesome!

Thankyou but it really doesn't, broken out in the other cheek now too

Did you carry on with the antibiotics and did the spots go? I'm just worried it's and allergic reaction and if I carry on will get worse?

So confused may ditch the meds and just use the duac til it calms down then try again and see

MemberMember
(@p1nky)

Posted : 09/19/2014 2:05 am

Have a sired spot on my left cheek now too...tried wearing less make up today, so no bb cream or foundation...concealer, blush and powder...hadn't hidden anything....have to do the school run looking crap

post-360458-0-34886500-1411110286_thumb.

post-360458-0-68958700-1411110297_thumb.

post-360458-0-26704800-1411110310_thumb.

MemberMember
(@squirrelmonkey)

Posted : 09/19/2014 1:33 pm

Hi thanks for the reply

Thankyou but it really doesn't, broken out in the other cheek now too

Did you carry on with the antibiotics and did the spots go? I'm just worried it's and allergic reaction and if I carry on will get worse?

So confused may ditch the meds and just use the duac til it calms down then try again and see

Yeah I kept taking them and my skin didn't get completely clear until after a couple of months. I got those big spots about a month after taking them and because they were so deep they took quite a long time to go away...Maybe a couple weeks. They gave me completely clear skin for almost a year. I'm definitely not a doctor but I feel like it'd be more rash-like and possibly itchy or swollen if it were an allergic reaction? If you stick with it for longer and you feel physical discomfort I don't think that's a good sign. But it's really hard to say with any medication for your skin. For example, a doctor told me once that birth control might make me break out horribly for the first few months, then start to get better around 4 months...which is why I left those pills in the package.