Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Dosage Decrease?

MemberMember
(@adamt)

Posted : 08/11/2014 8:33 pm

So I have been on one month of accutane and the first month went quite well I cleared up mostly only got occasional small pimples, but recent blood tests showed my chlosterol jumped up so my doctor decreased my dosage from 70mg-50mg and now on month two My acne seems to be a whole lot worse with bigger pimples coming up and lots of smaller ones.. I'm wondering if the dosage decrease was the culprit of this or is it just accutane doing it's job, little confused any insight would be appreciated

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/11/2014 9:15 pm

My educated guess is this.

You are experiencing your Inital breakout. Durning my Accutane course month 1 was a breeze. Month 2 and 3 was hell. I had painful painful acne popping up all over my face daily. Your skin is purging. It takes awhile for Accutane to get working, then your skin purges everything that is cropping up under your skin is getting pushed out. It's normal what you are going through.

The drop down in your dosage is nesscessary if you blood tests weren't normal. It's a sign your body wasn't liking the high dosage. Hopefully your next appointment your levels are good and you can get bumped back up to maybe 60mg then back up to 70 or 80 mg the following month.

Take good care of your body and remember the week leading up to your blood tests, watch what you eat. Try to eat healthy, because eating a really rich meal or a fatty meal can increase your levels. Thus throwing off your blood test results.