Notifications
Clear all

13 Weeks On Accutane -- What Can I Do For Hyper-Pigmentation?

MemberMember
(@megabug27)

Posted : 08/11/2014 6:16 am

So I'm on 30mg twice a day since I started the med May 13th. I was originally a little peeved that my doctor wouldn't up my dose after my first 6 weeks because I just really want permanent results and be done with this.

-After 13 weeks the reduction of oil in my skin is amazing. I literally no longer suffer from oily skin at all.

-My only new blemish was about three weeks in when I forgot to take the meds for two days :0

-I never had an "initial breakout" nor did I suffer from dry flaky skin (for a few days then right back to normal)

---forgot to add that I do have one negative side effect that seems to be sticking around; two patches of light brown skin under each eye...looks like a small patch of highly condensed freckles or like I had a swipe of dark bronzer on my fair skin.

-All in all though I fear that I didn't get a high enough dose to really get permanent results...

However in the meantime the hyper-pigmentation is driving me insane! It won't cover unless I slather on liquid foundation which I hate. Its always caked on my skin no matter the brand. I'm just wondering if because my skin isn't dry and thinning if I can do a chemical peel or something to help fade these marks!!

Thoughts??

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 08/11/2014 8:00 am

Emu oil helped me massively with red marks. Please don't pit any chemicals on your face. Your skin cell production has been slowed right down.....don't damage your skin at all!

MemberMember
(@garciacaleb5)

Posted : 08/11/2014 12:11 pm

My dermatologist put me on a combined steroid/bleach/antibiotic that worked wonders for my acne and hyperpigmentation. I hadn't had a breakout until yesterday when i left the medication at home while on vaca. The medication however is only available at compounding pharmacies and it is a fairly concoction so health insurance does not cover it.