Notifications
Clear all

Antibiotic Dhacin

MemberMember
(@ravenraviie)

Posted : 07/30/2014 4:15 am

hey guys,

today i went to the dermatologist and ask for nimegen, the generic form of accutane but she refuse to prescribe me. Due to my bad reaction to accutane a few mths back. instead she prescribed me some facewash, creams and antibiotic pills thats help to kill bacteria. she said some of her patients clear up with antibiotic.. im not so sure of it. she said if something would happen to me if she prescribe me accutane she would get in trouble for that. (sorry for the bad english). what are the chances of clearing up with antibiotic? i understand its not a long term solution but is there by chance anyone that clear up with only antibiotic? thanks.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/30/2014 5:28 am

You are right. Antibiotics, if they work are only temporary unfortunately. What cream and wash did she provide? I can understand the hesitance of your derm to jump on accutane. It can be very dangerous if it doesn't agree with your body.

MemberMember
(@ravenraviie)

Posted : 07/30/2014 5:40 am

thanks for the replies guys. appreciated. im glad someone is there to share it with. :)

she prescribe brexoyl. i juz search on google and realised she put me on tetracycline. she refuse to prescribe me accutane because i had a bad reaction to it. she said 1 in 1000 pple will get a bad side effects. im the unlucky one :( i really donno what to do anymore if my acne doesnt improve since i tried everything and accutane is out. :(

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 07/31/2014 2:00 am

People can clear up on antibiotics but it varies that's why at this stage is a multi-step approach with oral medication, topical treatments, and face wash

To me all of this is worth a shot rather than the side effects of accutane use which just like antibiotics is not a consistently proven treatment for acne after treatment has stopped.

The creams are basically the same as the pills, and the face wash probably is some sort of benzoly peroxide type medication system. Either way drink lots of water and follow all medications as instructed. If irritation occurs extensively then back off with the amount and frequency of use.

You will need to give it time with any treatment. I say at least a week for antibiotics, and 2 for topicals before things should, should be improving.

That isn't always the case though. I was on differin for 3 months and saw only worsening changes. I was on and off again for over 3 years. Finally after coming back to it i can i can use it daily without too many issues.

Persistence.