Notifications
Clear all

Accutane's Initial Breakout And Scarring

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/26/2014 9:41 am

Ok...so I have just started Accutane....and I am wondering to those who had an initial breakout...do you always scar from it...whats been your experience...what kind of breakout did u get if u had one? Im getting mixed answers and just would like to hear from others

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 07/26/2014 5:59 pm

Hope you get some answers from others to round out your knowledge.

Not everyone gets an IB. It is very hard to predict. I have done two courses of Accutane, ten years apart. I had no IB the first time, and a nasty one the second time with the exact same dose. Why? I don't really know except that my skin was in a worse place the second time from experimenting with topicals before just going back to Accutane.

You DEFINITELY do not always scar from it. Some people scar easier than others, and that's just life. Lots of people make it through bad IBs with no scarring at all.

The best thing you can do to avoid scarring is to NOT EVER PICK. Not even a little, not even when it seems like that sucker just wants out. Another good thing to do is use LOTS of moisturizer. Dry, damaged skin is more likely to scar than healthy skin.

If you can do these things your chances of scarring will be minimal.

And STOP WORRYING! Stress is terrible!

Accutane will be great for you.

:)

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/26/2014 10:46 pm

Thanks Kim just stressed a lot got a lot going on in my life and the acne hit me hard with already some scarring in just two months...this is all new for me and I cant seem to reduce my stress in the environment im in so im just praying I can find a solution with everything. Thanks for your advice