Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane

MemberMember
(@vpexplorer5)

Posted : 07/24/2014 10:24 pm

So finally had my appointment and I am starting accutane tomorrow! I will be on 40 mg I am nervous and excited at the same time! However I'm ready to accept the challenge and to rid my stubborn acne and blemishes once and for all! Any advice, on product use? Any advice in general would be apprecaited! Thank you all!

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 07/27/2014 5:05 pm

Use no products, if able. Moisturize when necessary, I recommend CeraVe moisturizing cream (specifically do not use cetaphil). Don't wash your face with anything except for water. This is a great opportunity for your skin to regulate itself once more.

Make sure you get enough vitamin D. Eat well overall, actually - accutane is a vitamin A derivating and overdosing (which is what taking accutane is) could set your vitamin and mineral balance out of whack.

MemberMember
(@vpexplorer5)

Posted : 07/28/2014 3:21 am

I haven't started yet my pharmacy back logged my prescription I should have it for tomorrow. I am planning on just using water to wash my face twice daily, why should I not use Cetaphil mostrizer with the SPF ? I am currently using that and it's an okay mostirizer I have been looking into buying the cerave I think I just may do that tomorrow to see how it goes. I'm looking forward to it and looking forward to be clear for the first time in my life since I was 13-14 ish. Thank you for your input I greatly appreciate it. I'm

Guessing you have taken it? How did it go for you?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 07/30/2014 6:36 pm

CeraVe has all sorts of useful things that your skin produces, and actually acts as a barrier that heals whatever is beneath it. Cetaphil is a bunch of hygroscopic chemicals that make your skin feel moist without actually doing anything. The sunblock bit also doesn't do much because the parabens in Cetaphil can react with UV light to damage your skin.

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@vpexplorer5)

Posted : 07/30/2014 9:12 pm

Thank you for your input! I am using cerave and I began my course I am on day 3 right now. 40 MG a month for the first month!