Notifications
Clear all

Spiro At 50Mg, Epiduo, Dairy Free, Blah! Help?!

MemberMember
(@dizzyabby)

Posted : 07/21/2014 4:14 pm

Hi everyone! Need some acne buddies to chat to!!!!

So i have been taking spiro for well over a year now, it seemed to be working but in the last few months I have been breaking out loads. I am taking 50mg, do you think i need to up this???

I have also started using epiduo at night.

I am so desperate i have even started cutting dairy out cos i have read of quite a few people who have done that and it has helped. it's rubbish though, i am already craving a pizza!!!

Just could do with some support and advice.

I have been on roaccutane 3 times already and the acne always came back so i wont take it again and i can't take any contraceptive pills like dianette as my sister got a blood clot from taking them.

replies will be very much appreciated :-)

I also tried to benzoyl peroxide routine for several months and it does nothing for me.

MemberMember
(@glitznzits)

Posted : 07/21/2014 4:46 pm

Have you tried a topical retinoid like Retin-A or tretinoin yet? It's the only thing that's ever really helped my persistent hormonal acne (though not 100% since I am starting roaccutane soon myself...) Sounds like you might want to ask your dr. about upping the Spiro. You could also try herbal hormone modifiers like Vitex/chaste tree berry, evening primrose oil, cod liver oil and saw palmetto, though herbal supplements never did much for me they have made a huge difference for others. Cutting out dairy and reducing sugar and refined carbs like white bread and pasta has worked wonders for some as well, though I think the gluten-free diet thing is just a fad.

MemberMember
(@dizzyabby)

Posted : 07/21/2014 5:24 pm

i desperately want to try tretinoin but i can't access any in my country!! the only tretinoin product from the pharmacy for discontinued a few years ago, so unfair!!!