Notifications
Clear all

Help Please Yasmin Pill Making Acne Worse So Depressed And Down

MemberMember
(@puppy4u44)

Posted : 07/17/2014 2:00 pm

please can someone help me i have nearly finished my fist pack of yasmin, and my skin is horried!! i have acne on me neck and chest and jaw line. never had it on my neck etc before ever. only suffered from my chin and forehead. it has now spread all over my face!!! and eye lids. what do i do!!!!!!!!!! do i carry on and wait it out??? is this NORMAL??? im also on finasa cream 2 times a day. just wan to hide away. hate my life :( PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN advise!! ive been on duac cream. im also taking lyclemece antibiotics aswell.

please please help dunno if to carry on with this or not

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/17/2014 2:03 pm

please can someone help me i have nearly finished my fist pack of yasmin, and my skin is horried!! i have acne on me neck and chest and jaw line. never had it on my neck etc before ever. only suffered from my chin and forehead. it has now spread all over my face!!! and eye lids. what do i do!!!!!!!!!! do i carry on and wait it out??? is this NORMAL??? im also on finasa cream 2 times a day. just wan to hide away. hate my life PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN advise!! ive been on duac cream. im also taking lyclemece antibiotics aswell.

please please help dunno if to carry on with this or not

Are you taking BC for your acne? Anything that messes with hormones will mess with your skin if you're acne prone. Give it 3-6 months before chucking it. I know how you feel in terms of watching it get worse and not knowing if it will eventually get better.

MemberMember
(@puppy4u44)

Posted : 07/17/2014 2:07 pm

yes im taking it for heavey long periods and my acne that flared up. just so hard to wake up with more and more spots on my face and neck etc. im now having to wear makeup to cover it its that bad. they leaving scars aswell :( cos im so fair skined i scar so easly. so my face a spotty, red scared mess :( will try and carry on for anouther pack and see how it goes :( wasnt sure if it was the finasa cream but carnt be cos its spreading :(

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/17/2014 2:57 pm

Why cant it be the finacea cream if it is spreading?

It does take a few months before you will see improvement from birth control. Additionally, I have had more than a couple dermatologists tell me that birth control pills rarely clear up anything but mild acne that flares up around your period.

MemberMember
(@puppy4u44)

Posted : 07/20/2014 2:10 pm

i have been only using the finasa cream on my face, not my neck etc. i think its the birth control beacuse of how its spreading on my chest etc. can finasea cream do that even if im not applying it to my neck and chest area? x

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 07/20/2014 9:26 pm

Could be the antibiotics.

As others have mentioned it takes a few months to see improvement on the pill. In particular, an anti-androgen like Yasmin can take 4-6 months before you see real significant improvement. But, it shouldn't be making things worse, so if you rule out all else, you might have to ditch it.

Best of luck.