Notifications
Clear all

Benzaclin Topical Gel Vs Tactuo (Epiduo) Topical Gel

MemberMember
(@mysticmagix)

Posted : 06/16/2014 5:31 pm

Hey everyone. So I made an account after reading posts and topics for the past week. I got prescribed 2 different topical gels from two different dermatologists.

One was benzaclin gel and the other was tactuo (epiduo).

I am really torn as to which i should use. I have alot of black heads ( deep ones, small ones, inflamed ones) and once and a while ill get the occasional white head. But right now its blackheads and hyperpigmentation. I am a 19 year old black male.

The dermatologist said that if none of these work than they will put me on accutane...I was shocked when he said that. But I guess they have lost hope. I have used tetracycline in the past but I didn't really see results.

So basically I am wondering which topical gel should I use and commit to for the next 4 months.

I have read a lot of posts of people saying tactuo is amazing and will fix ur skin. But my friend did the acne.org treatment with 5% Benzoyl peroxide and her skin cleared after 2 months. So idk.

Any tips or suggestions? I would love opinions.

My routine is.

Morning.

spectro bel blemish prone skin cleanser

spectro blemish prone skin moisturizer

Neutrogena spf 60 sunscreen

black opal pressed powder makeup ( I wear make up becuase I take theatre on camera classes and need my face to be decent for the director)

Night.

spectro blemish prone skin cleanser

will be either tactuo or benzaclin after

Idk if I should moisturize after bcs the pharmacist that gave me my prescriptions said it make dilute the topical

If I exfoliate it would be with a 2% Syliac acid exfoliation.

Plz help thanks

MemberMember
(@mysticmagix)

Posted : 06/16/2014 7:23 pm

someone answer plz :(

MemberMember
(@mcmounty5)

Posted : 06/17/2014 9:07 pm

Epiduo (tactuo) has a retinoid in it, and benzaclin doesn't. You want a treatment with a retinoid. Epiduo work really well for me. Be sure to moisturize and you'll be fine.

MemberMember
(@mysticmagix)

Posted : 06/18/2014 12:19 pm

Bump plz