Notifications
Clear all

Differin Question?

MemberMember
(@dlorrison)

Posted : 06/05/2014 7:09 am

Hey I'm new to acne.org, and I would like to say; wow what a brilliant website!

Anyway, I have moderate/severe acne and I went to my dermatologist and she prescribed me with Differin, Doxycycline and Clindamycin Solution.

I use differin before bed, clindamycin twice daily and doxycycline once daily.

I have been using this treatment for 3 weeks and 2 days as of today and I have noticed great improvement on my skin:

1) No inflammatory acne (no cysts, papules, papules or whiteheads) is present now, just A LOT (and i mean A LOT) of small bumpy comedonal acne all over my cheeks, chin and occasionally on the forehead.

2) Skin feels softer, lighter and smoother (except for the comedo bumps)

My question is, will the comedonal acne fade away in time? Is this just an initial breakout or something? If so, how long will it probably take to recover from this? Hope to get an answer soon

If possible, please do share how your differin treatment progressed over time!

MemberMember
(@tootie2014)

Posted : 06/06/2014 11:29 pm

This sounds like irritation. Have you tried limiting any other products on your face? The topical antibiotic comes in the gel form and the solution which does have alcohol in it and bothered my face pretty bad when I was a teen. I wonder if you ask your derm if you should lower it to once a day, maybe he/she would agree. Every time a derm has swabbed my face with an alcohol pad in the past, I ended up with small bumps there (closed comedones) so a mild contact dermatitis.