Notifications
Clear all

Ziana And Closed Comedones

MemberMember
(@kayseaann)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:02 pm

Hi all,

Relatively new here...

I've been struggling with adult acne for about 3+ months now. It all started when I put some rosehip seed oil on my face. (I hate that thing) Now I have literally hundreds of closed comedones all over my forehead, cheeks and nose. At 26, it's not a pretty site. I look like I'm in middle school again. *sigh* Well, I haven't found a forum yet about a progress on closed comedones so I figured I start one. I was prescribed Ziana about 2 weeks ago so I will be updating on it!

Week 1

My face has cleared up within the first few days. So exciting. I thought for sure I'd be clear within the next few weeks!

Week 1.5

Well, starting into this week, it seems as though all those stubborn comedones are coming back. Great! I look like a pizza face with hundreds of bumps all over my face. Apparently, this could be the "purging" which I pray it is and that it will start to clear up soon. I just want to hide!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/14/2014 6:51 pm

Hi! I have the exact same issue. My acne was being controlled by Dan's Regimen (BP basically) and then i got eczema on my face so i had to stop treatment. Within 2 weeks my entire face was grainy. I was prescribed Atralin/Tazarac on alternate nights and BP in the am. I restarted BP in smaller amounts and will begin retinoid use sometime this weekend (3-4 times the first week, then every other night the 2nd week and if my face is tolerating it, every night the 3rd week). I have done Ziana and retinoids are not an easy ride. Prepare in your mind to not see CONSISTENT improvement until the 3rd/4th month or else you'll get discouraged easily.

Good Luck and if you have any questions, let me know

MemberMember
(@kayseaann)

Posted : 05/14/2014 7:11 pm

Hi! I have the exact same issue. My acne was being controlled by Dan's Regimen (BP basically) and then i got eczema on my face so i had to stop treatment. Within 2 weeks my entire face was grainy. I was prescribed Atralin/Tazarac on alternate nights and BP in the am. I restarted BP in smaller amounts and will begin retinoid use sometime this weekend (3-4 times the first week, then every other night the 2nd week and if my face is tolerating it, every night the 3rd week). I have done Ziana and retinoids are not an easy ride. Prepare in your mind to not see CONSISTENT improvement until the 3rd/4th month or else you'll get discouraged easily.

Good Luck and if you have any questions, let me know

Hi Leelowe! My dermatologist said to give it 6 weeks and if there is no progress then we'll try something else. It's so frustrating. I don't want to go out in public, I'm that embarrassed. I try not to let it get to be or be discouraged but it's so hard to stay positive. Sorry for venting!

MemberMember
(@kayseaann)

Posted : 05/19/2014 3:19 pm

WEEK 2

Well, it seems that these stubborn comedones are slowly starting to go away. I felt much better coming into the second week. Today, I went to go look for some concealers and looked in the mirror, and I'm just not ready yet. I felt horrible. I just have to keep telling myself that it will get better. Here is to hope that the worst is over!!

MemberMember
(@kayseaann)

Posted : 05/23/2014 12:43 pm

WEEK 3

Well, today is week 3. I have been feeling pretty good about my face until today. Today, I feel horrible. It seems like the closed comedones are slowly coming back. I don't know if that's 100% true because I have been looking in the mirror a lot lately but it seems like my face just has a rough texture again and my pores look somewhat bigger. My husband says it's all in my head and that it is slowly getting better but who knows. He's been telling me my face has looked great at my worst! Husbands!

Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive. Maybe today is just a bad day.

Megan123 liked
MemberMember
(@kayseaann)

Posted : 05/27/2014 3:51 pm

WEEK 3 & 4 DAYS

Yesterday was memorial day and I felt somewhat okay about my face. It's still going through some purging, I think, because I still

have tons of bumps on the temples and my cheeks/forehead still have some bumps you can see. They are kind of weird, they are like deep under my skin so they aren't huge bumps but still noticeable.

Today I feel about the same. Still tons of bumps on temples and the bumps are still there on my forehead and cheeks. I try not to

let it get too me that much. I have a daughter and I don't want her seeing me upset about things like this.

I'll update in about a week!

Megan123 liked
MemberMember
(@katie789)

Posted : 05/31/2014 10:37 pm

Hi! I have the same problem of you - closed comedones and clogged pores. Tazorac has really helped so far (not to jinx it). I still have comedones, but they have definitely decreased. Because Ziana also has a retinoid in it, in my opinion, it will be helpful. However, I really didn't see results until about 3 months into using it, so be patient.

I also use Paula's Choice BHA and AHA gels in the morning to help unclog my pores.

Best of luck :)

MemberMember
(@mille211)

Posted : 10/12/2014 9:10 pm

Hi!! I am having the same problem. I thought I would try the natural route with Hemp seed oil and my acne came back horribly. My chin is the worst with lots of whiteheads and closed comedones. I have been on Ziana 3 weeks and the pimples are smaller are fewer, but I keep getting new ones. I am super self conscious with my boyfriend and I stopped staying over because I am so embarrassed by my skin. I teach 4th grade and I want to demonstrate being confident in my own skin for these young girls, but it is getting hard. I think my biggest insecurity is all the red marks left by pimples too. How is your skin? Are you still on Ziana? When did it clear up for you and stay consistently clear? Tuesday marks 1 month for me and I'm praying it starts getting better and better. On the upside my skin is much softer where there aren't any pimples.

MemberMember
(@megan123)

Posted : 02/20/2016 12:54 am

On 27 May 2014 at 2:36 AM, Kayseaann said:

WEEK 3 & 4 DAYS

Yesterday was memorial day and I felt somewhat okay about my face. It's still going through some purging, I think, because I still

have tons of bumps on the temples and my cheeks/forehead still have some bumps you can see. They are kind of weird, they are like deep under my skin so they aren't huge bumps but still noticeable.

Today I feel about the same. Still tons of bumps on temples and the bumps are still there on my forehead and cheeks. I try not to

let it get too me that much. I have a daughter and I don't want her seeing me upset about things like this.

I'll update in about a week!

You didn't update your condition . Are those tiny whitehead bumps gone .pleade reply