Notifications
Clear all

Are Accutane Symptons Meant To Start So Early?

MemberMember
(@roseworth88)

Posted : 05/04/2014 12:56 pm

Hello, it's been a week since I have been officially taking accutane and side effects have already started since day two.

On day two, I woke up with my skin peeling away and dryness everwhere, including my lips which was bleeding. It was the first day for taking it, so it worried me.

Also on day four, I started getting nosebleeds.

Is this normal? I read other Accutane discussions and most people mention their side effects happening around 2 weeks later and that it was normal if you were taking high doese like 45 ..While i'm taking 20.

Most people who get nosebleeds said it started a month later. Is this anything to worry about?

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@onyxbeauty1988)

Posted : 05/04/2014 10:25 pm

I'm only on day two and I already have two small dry patches on my face.

MemberMember
(@kim0728)

Posted : 05/04/2014 11:53 pm

I had a few side effects within four days, and got by IB at the beginning of the second week. My skin is really oily though, so it took a while to dry out.

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 05/05/2014 11:47 am

Hey guys, I am on day 5, and so far nothing really. I also am starting on half a dose (40 mg) a day the first month, and then I will get to my full dosage in June. I have extremely oily skin and I live in Houston so the humidity is crazyyyy. I'm also trying to drink tons of water. I was wondering what ya'lls dosage wasI I know Becca's was 20 ) and Becca please keep us posted! Especially since we all just started...THANKS and GOOD LUCK

Jess

MemberMember
(@kim0728)

Posted : 05/05/2014 2:52 pm

I'm almost done with my first month, and I've been taking 40 mg a day. My dr. appointment is Thursday, so we'll see if she keeps me at the level or bumps me up to 60 mg.

Forgot to add, I've had a couple of nosebleeds too, but they haven't been a big deal.

MemberMember
(@roseworth88)

Posted : 05/05/2014 3:00 pm

Hey guys, I am on day 5, and so far nothing really. I also am starting on half a dose (40 mg) a day the first month, and then I will get to my full dosage in June. I have extremely oily skin and I live in Houston so the humidity is crazyyyy. I'm also trying to drink tons of water. I was wondering what ya'lls dosage wasI I know Becca's was 20 ) and Becca please keep us posted! Especially since we all just started...THANKS and GOOD LUCK

Jess

Becca? Do you mean me?

THANKS, by the way. I will keep posting if anything continues to turn up. I have dry skin, so I think that's why it dried up so quickly in just a day! So this may be normal for you.

Anyway, it's great to know what you guys think, having just started on your course. Good luck to you guys as well.

I don't really have a very high dosage, so we can compare results and things.

I'm almost done with my first month, and I've been taking 40 mg a day. My dr. appointment is Thursday, so we'll see if she keeps me at the level or bumps me up to 60 mg.

Forgot to add, I've had a couple of nosebleeds too, but they haven't been a big deal.

I see. How was the first month? Did you have any other side effects other than that? Also, has your skin improved?

Good luck! I don't really know much about this yet, so I'm glad I found this forum.

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 05/05/2014 3:07 pm

Roseworth 88 sorry I believe I was reading another post and her name was Becca. But yes I will definitely check in at least once a week. I do wear contacts and today I noticed my eyes are a bit dry. But nothing that a good eye drop solution can't fix. I also went to the gym this morning and sat in the sauna for 20 min, so I will see how my skin reacts to that as well.

MemberMember
(@kim0728)

Posted : 05/05/2014 3:09 pm

I see. How was the first month? Did you have any other side effects other than that? Also, has your skin improved?

Good luck! I don't really know much about this yet, so I'm glad I found this forum.

My skin has improved greatly. I got the dreaded IB at the start of week two--it was really awful for about a week and a half. Now the only issues I have are dry skin around my chin and on-and-off fatigue. I guess my body has adjusted to Accutane--I really don't have any side effects that are unmanageable. We'll see what happens when they bump up my dose, though.

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 05/05/2014 3:15 pm

Eeeeek! I'm hoping I do not break out, but my derm said if it's bad I can go in and get some shots of cortisone or get an antibiotic that does not interfere with the medication. I will let you know by next week!!

MemberMember
(@lilmama0922)

Posted : 05/06/2014 1:59 pm

Hey guys! Hope all is well. I'm only on day six but of course the chapped lips have started. A lot of people on this site recommended aquaphor lip treatment and that is amazing!! Not sure if ya'll use that or another product. Also my skin hasn't gotten dry yet, but do ya'll have any recommendations on a product that's gentle yet effective. Trying to be proactive so when the dryness starts I will already have some products to try out :) I know various people have said Cetephil was a good cleanser. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@onyxbeauty1988)

Posted : 05/07/2014 7:27 am

Jess

I'm currently on 40mg 1x per day as well.

MemberMember
(@roseworth88)

Posted : 05/07/2014 3:24 pm

Hey guys! Hope all is well. I'm only on day six but of course the chapped lips have started. A lot of people on this site recommended aquaphor lip treatment and that is amazing!! Not sure if ya'll use that or another product. Also my skin hasn't gotten dry yet, but do ya'll have any recommendations on a product that's gentle yet effective. Trying to be proactive so when the dryness starts I will already have some products to try out I know various people have said Cetephil was a good cleanser. Thanks!

I'm about to start my 3rd week. I'm using dermol lotion to both wash my face and to moisturize but I don't think that it's that effective for dry skin, I just use it to follow my Derm's orders .

So far my symptons are toning down cause I now use vaseline for my nose and I apply a lot of moisturizer, whenever I get any dry patches and that helps. For my lips, i'm using Blistex Relief Cream for lips and it really helps sore lips . Good luck with your symptons and with your meeting with your derm.