Notifications
Clear all

Getting Prescription Products In Ireland

MemberMember
(@glitznzitz)

Posted : 04/23/2014 7:59 pm

Hi all!

I am moving to Ireland from the US in a few months and am terrified that I won't be able to get the products I've found that work for me. I was wondering if someone in Ireland could tell me if you have the same brands of products there? some, like atralin, have a pretty generic main ingredient (trentonin) but are in a base that is less irritating for sensitive skin, while others (aczone) are only available in one name-brand product as far as I can tell.

I currently use:

CeraVe hydrating cleanser (or Cetaphil...i'm sure I can find one or the other there, otc)

Sodium Sulfacetamide and Sulfur Cleanser (prescription, generic of Rosanil wash)

Aczone (dapsone topical)

Neutrogena oil-free moisture, sensitive skin (otc)

Atralin gel (trentonin .05)

I'm most stressed about the Atralin and the Aczone. Atralin becuase it was that specific brand formulation that worked for me (rather than the generic trentonin) and aczone because it is a new product introduced in 2008 and the main ingredient isn't available as a generic at all as far as i can tell.

Any knowledge appreciated!

Or, if you are American and moved abroad, were you able to get large supplies of prescriptions to take with you?

Thank you!!!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:39 pm

i dont think cerave exists overthere-