Notifications
Clear all

Bump On Chest When Finishing Accutane Course?

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 02/24/2014 8:10 pm

I have 15 days left of my accutane course however I just got a bump on my chest which I am assuming is a cyst.

It kind of happened out of the blue, and I'm scared to death because my accutane course was even extended from 4.5 month course to a 5.5 course (I took 80mg/day during the entire course),

It is one of two active pimples that i have (the other is a minor one on my forehead) that I think are a result from my workout plan. At the end of December, I started to go on a bulk by eating a lot, drinking protein powders, and lifting weights a lot. I figured since I'm on accutane, I shouldn't breakout as a result but I guess I was wrong. I think it might have been from my preworkout, considering theres a lot of unnatural ingredients (no stimulants however) and my protein powder is beef isolate, so no dairy in there.

Should I be concerned? Could this be something other than acne? Hadn't had a brand new cyst since october-november.....damn!!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/24/2014 8:31 pm

I have 15 days left of my accutane course however I just got a bump on my chest which I am assuming is a cyst.

It kind of happened out of the blue, and I'm scared to death because my accutane course was even extended from 4.5 month course to a 5.5 course (I took 80mg/day during the entire course),

It is one of two active pimples that i have (the other is a minor one on my forehead) that I think are a result from my workout plan. At the end of December, I started to go on a bulk by eating a lot, drinking protein powders, and lifting weights a lot. I figured since I'm on accutane, I shouldn't breakout as a result but I guess I was wrong. I think it might have been from my preworkout, considering theres a lot of unnatural ingredients (no stimulants however) and my protein powder is beef isolate, so no dairy in there.

Should I be concerned? Could this be something other than acne? Hadn't had a brand new cyst since october-november.....damn!!

What does it look like specifically? It could be a boil. Working out and being a guy can put you more at risk of that stuff.

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 02/25/2014 7:47 am

What does it look like specifically? It could be a boil. Working out and being a guy can put you more at risk of that stuff.

Its raised and red, about a little smaller than a dime, but it feels a lot bigger. You cant really tell its raised because its in like the middle of my chest, like sternum area. I've had something like this in the past, but it popped or just went away...cant remember