Notifications
Clear all

Ipledge "lock-Out" After Switching Providers? Help!

MemberMember
(@karamcf)

Posted : 02/05/2014 4:49 pm

Accutane has been a major battle for me since before I even started taking it!!!

As a busy college student who travels a lot, it is nearly impossible to jump through all the hoops of the iPledge program!! Which is why it took me so long to get on accutane in the first place (i'm a senior now but have needed it for a long time). I'm never in one city for a long enough time period to complete a full treatment. That has meant that I had to start the approval process in my hometown over winter break, and now I travel home once a month just to see my doc/get my next refill. So much planning goes into it--travel plans, scheduling blood tests in between classes so the results will be faxed to my hometown derm on time, missing classes to have appointments within certain time windows...the list goes on!!

And now, on top of it all, a snowstorm has made me unable to travel and hence miss this month's appointment so I'm without a refill. I found a new derm near my school that can squeeze me in in a few days, but i'm worried that not all the paperwork and iPledge bullcrap will be processed in time! This dermatologist seems to think it will work out, but other ones that I have called say the iPledge system will lock me out for a month after I switch providers. Well, I just made the switch and my appointment is in 2 days so it better not! Otherwise I'll have to halt treatment for over a month and probably lose all of the progress I've made.

Any other college students out there struggling with making this iPledge nonsense work? Or anyone who has been locked out of the system for a month after switching providers? I'm hoping its just a myth!

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 02/06/2014 2:25 pm

Call iPledge directly and find out. They helped me out one time when I called because I was having issues accessing my monthly no-babies questions. Their number is 1-866-495-0654. Call center is open Monday-Saturday 9am-12am EST. This info is also on the home page of the iPledge website.

MemberMember
(@timelysprouts)

Posted : 02/06/2014 6:25 pm

Yeah your best bets to just call ipledge directly so even if you do get a lockout they will be able to sort it once you explain what happened